Hogwarts Magic Realm
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Hogwarts Magic Realm

AcasaAcasa  asdasdasdasd  Ultimele imaginiUltimele imagini  ÎnregistrareÎnregistrare  ConectareConectare  
Welcome to Hogwarts magic Realm. Please register, after that get sorted or get a job and enjoy your time in the magic world. Don’t forget that this is a post-potter forum that means you won’t be able to role play as any of the characters from the books, just use your imagination and create your own. We advice everyone to take a look at the rules and guides before starting their role playing experience. For any questions just pm the Staff Team

We are happy to have you with us,
HMR Team
Rules | Sorting Hat | Adult Application | Students Guide | Adult Graduated Guide | Jobs | Claim a Face | Spell Book | Quidditch Guide | Diagon Alley | Forum Absence | F.A.Q
Your Monthly Salary Gryffi10
305 Points
Your Monthly Salary Untitl11
297 Points
Your Monthly Salary Ravenc10
145 Points
Your Monthly Salary Huffle10
40 Points
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
RanklistHarry Potter TopsitesRPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY
© Hogwarts Magic Realm –Do not copy ,everything on this forum was created thanks to the imagination of the two general admins and all the graphics are custom made for this forum
© SideBar Graphics by bloomsindark
© Header by allie-saurus
© Skin by hitskins
© Signature and Avatars by RedCarpet

Your Monthly Salary

In jos 
2 participanți

Did you already post (reply) your promise?
Yes
Your Monthly Salary Vote_lcap67%Your Monthly Salary Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
I'll post it after I read this article
Your Monthly Salary Vote_lcap33%Your Monthly Salary Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total voturi : 3

Sondaj inchis

AutorMesaj
Kim Frey

Kim Frey

My Character
Galleons: 205
House:
Activity: Slytherin - Year I, Radio Worker, Three Broomsticks Innkeeper

Your Monthly Salary Empty
MesajSubiect: Your Monthly Salary   Your Monthly Salary EmptyMier Ian 18, 2012 12:28 am

Your Monthly Salary is now signing on.

Now, sit back and relax for the opening of the third episode of…. Your Monthly Salary. I am your host, Ms. PIG, Pretty Intelligent Girl and I’d be the one to feed your mind with everything you want and need to hear.

January is the month wherein we celebrate the coming of a new year in our lives. It is a symbolic interaction which, most of us finally decide to change the things that are needed to change to live a better and longer life.

For some, 2012 is just another year for us to survive and continue to live but for muggles, it is the time of the year where they make a promise (they call it “new year’s resolution”) which they should fulfill for the rest of the year.

Stupid idea? Well, as I was gathering information about the matter, mostly, the answer is YES. Most of them make promises that they can’t even do. Though, some of them, the answer is NO. Their own promises inspire them for the whole year and sometimes, these promises can even change there lives forever.

For a moment, I’ll let you experience how to make this promise in a muggle way.

How to Make a New Year's Resolution (Promises Muggles make every new year)

1. Be realistic by setting achievable goals. Winning the lottery, for example, is out of your grasp.
(Lottery is a game for muggles wherein they are going to spend their money on cards where they would write some numbers. A certain object will pick some numbers. Then, whoever have the same number on their card, wins a lot of money .)

2. Describe your resolutions in specific terms. Instead of "I don't want to be lazy," opt for "I want to exercise regularly" or "I will cut down on my television watching."
(Television is a box where small muggles live. Big muggles watch the small muggles’ lives for entertainment.)

3. Break down large goals into smaller ones. For instance, commit to losing weight by resolving to join a gym and improve your eating habits.
(Muggles, especially women, are very conscious in keeping their body slim. According to them, it is the most effective way to attract and get their prey, which are men.)

4. Find alternatives to a behavior that you want to change, and make this part of your resolution plan. So you want to quit smoking but you smoked to relax yourself? What other forms of relaxation are available to you?
(Smoking is the way muggles slowly commit suicide. They’ll put a small stick in their mouth, lit it, and absorb the smoke coming from it.)

5. Above all, aim for things that are truly important to you, not what you think you ought to do or what others expect of you.

After how to choose the right promise for you to fulfill this year, it is time for us to learn how to fulfill it.

How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions

1. Aim low. It goes without saying that most New Year's resolutions are easier announced (or written) than done-but if you set the bar too high, you're doomed from the start. Instead of a sweeping declaration like "I will lose 30 pounds by April and finally fit into that dress," target a goal that's more attainable, like losing 10 or 15 pounds.

2. Don't overload yourself. It's difficult enough for the average person to follow through on one ambitious New Year's resolution; why on earth would you saddle yourself with three or four? Choose the most pressing issue at hand-losing weight, finding a girlfriend, improving your relationship with your parents-and concentrate on that. Trying to do everything simultaneously practically guarantees failure across the board.

3. Tell everyone you know. One school of thought says that New Year's resolutions are best kept to oneself, but look at it this way: the more people to whom you announce your resolution (say, to get out of your dead-end job by spring), the more people there'll be to prod you along if you fall behind. There's no shame in seeking help if you can't accomplish your resolution on your own.

4. Reward yourself. Following through on a New Year's resolution is rarely easy, so a little Pavlovian conditioning goes a long way. If you've resolved to shop less, stroke yourself for not buying those shoes by springing for a steaming hot cappucino at the mall. If you've resolved to be nicer to people, buy yourself a nice jacket after enduring that tedious cocktail party without delivering any insults.

5.Wait until spring. Sometimes the best way to accomplish a New Year's resolution is to make it at a time of year of your choosing, rather than the one dictated by the calendar. May 1 is a good alternate date, since the change of season will neatly coincide with the change you're hoping to accomplish in yourself.

Let’s see some examples. Here are some best and worst promises muggles made.

Top 10 New Year's Resolutions that muggles make

1. Spend More Time with Family & Friends
2. Fit in Fitness
3. Tame the Bulge
4. Quit Smoking
5. Enjoy Life More
6. Quit Drinking
7. Get Out of Debt
8. Learn Something New
9. Help Others
10. Get Organized

Funny New Year’s Resolution Muggles should make

Always replace the gas nozzle
before driving away from the pump.
Your Monthly Salary Gashose

I will always "check for paper"
when leaving the restroom.
Your Monthly Salary Tp

I will try to drive closer to the speed limit.
Your Monthly Salary Speedlimit

I will keep an extra safe distance when driving behind police cars.
Your Monthly Salary Copwreck

I will no longer park the BMW
next to fire hydrants.
Your Monthly Salary Hydrant

Now, you’ve seen all of the things in order to form your own promise. Post your “new year’s resolution” by replying in this thread and share it to everyone.
Coming from the studio, happy holidays to everyone!

Well, that’s it for now. Tune in for another informative topic next month only here on your favorite radio show, The Monthly Salary.

Your Monthly Salary now signing off.

SOURCES:

Sus In jos
http://www.existingalterego.blogspot.com
Richard Adlard

Richard Adlard

My Character
Galleons: 61
House:
Activity: Slytherin - Year I

Your Monthly Salary Empty
MesajSubiect: Re: Your Monthly Salary   Your Monthly Salary EmptyVin Ian 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Those Muggles really do have some strange habits, Richard wondered after hearing about activities like smoking. However, he couldn't help but imagine what his own "new year's resolution" would be if he made one. At first, he thought that it may be winning the House and Quidditch Cup, but deep inside, even though he didn't want to admit it, he foremost wanted to reconnect with his father, to be as close to him as he once was.
Sus In jos

Your Monthly Salary
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» Your Monthly Salary
» Your Monthly Salary
» Your Monthly Salary
» Getting your Salary

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
Hogwarts Magic Realm :: The News :: Wizarding Radio :: Your Monthly Salary-